Let Us Enhance The Abilities You Already Have
NDIS Community participation is one of the most popular support needs specified by people with disabilities. In an NDIS plan, this falls under the core supports budget. It will help you achieve your goals by enhancing your capability to participate and interact in your community.
NDIS Community Participation Melbourne: why is it important?
Encouraging community participation has several benefits. An NDIS participant should not miss out on getting this type of support.
- It helps improve your behaviour and attitude.
- It can boost your personality and self-confidence.
- It may lower the need for long-term care and support. This also automatically reduces expenses.
- It helps you to move independently and interact without needing any support. You don’t have to rely on another person to interact or shop on your behalf.
- The community will also benefit. It will improve Australia’s social capital. Plus, it will also boost the economy and community diversity.
NDIS community participation activities you can join in
Here’s an overview of the activities you can do and are funded by NDIS:
- Attend a class or course about a particular interest.
- Go on a holiday vacation, or even just a day off.
- Go to a show or concert.
- Watch a movie.
- Attend a camp.
- Visit a local library.
Does NDIS pay for everything?
Funding will cover the expenses incurred for getting to and joining in the NDIS community participation activities. It should be considered reasonable and necessary to meet your goals in the NDIS plan. The cost of the activities themselves is not covered.
You may use your NDIS funds to have a support worker to:
- Bring you to and from the activity.
- Attend with you.
- Make the most out of the class, such as helping with communication or doing the activities.
- Help in going to the bathroom, eat, or doing other personal tasks while you’re out and about.
Remember the following are usually not paid in an NDIS plan:
- Entrance fees or ticket prices for movie tickets or a museum
- Entrance fees or ticket prices for your companion or support worker
- Expenses for meals, coffee, or other food items consumed when you attend an activity
- Equipment costs like purchasing sporting gear. Specialised equipment needed for your disability are exempted.
Learn more about NDIS community participation in Melbourne.
Our recreational, social, and community programs always put you in focus. If you want to be more independent, be active, or try a new activity – we are happy to help.
The team collaborates with your friends, family, and carers to open opportunities for you to fit in the society. You get to decide what NDIS community participation activities Melbourne you will join through our community support services. We will create a customised plan to make this happen.
As we journey together, we will help you to:
- Actively participate in creating your personalised program
- Develop new skills
- Boost the skills that you possess