The Role:We are seeking an experienced Care Coordinator to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Care Plan Management: Regularly reviewing and updating care plans to ensure they meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- Service Coordination: Collaborating with care providers to ensure services are delivered in accordance with each client’s care plan.
- Client Communication: Serving as the primary point of contact for clients and their families, addressing any concerns or feedback promptly.
- Rostering Coordination: Working closely with the rostering team to ensure participants receive support as required.
- Assessment and Support Planning: Conducting assessments and developing individual support plans in collaboration with participants, their families, and other stakeholders.
- Service Delivery Monitoring: Ensuring services are delivered timely and effectively, and reviewing support plans regularly.
- Staff Support and Guidance: Providing guidance to support workers and other staff to ensure services are delivered in accordance with participant support plans.
- Record Keeping: Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all services provided.
- Compliance: Ensuring all services provided comply with NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Standards and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Quality Improvement: Participating in activities to improve patient care and outcomes.
- Confidentiality: Maintaining the confidentiality of client information.
- Care Plan and Budget Updating: Updating Care Plans and Budgets for clients to ensure their care needs and health deterioration are well documented.
- Team Support: Providing support to achieve team goals in a warm and friendly work environment.
- Training and Meetings: Attending meetings and training sessions, conducting training and briefing sessions for ESC workers, and preparing care plans/reports for NDIS participants.
- Document Management: Maintaining up-to-date versions of all compliant documents.
This Position requires an Individual who has:
- 2 years or more prior experience as a care or support coordinator for NDIS Disability Services is essential.
- Qualifications in a health-related field for example Enrolled Nursing, Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, or Diploma in Community Services highly desirable.
- Experience in coordinating a program for older people or people with a disability in the community and understanding of consumer-directed care.
- Knowledge of the NDIS Practice Standards.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of various apps.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and consult with a wide range of clients, health professionals and team members.
- Own registered vehicle and current driver license.
- NDIS WC Clearance and Police Check.
- A second language is desirable, but not essential for the position..
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Supportive team and management.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing support and training opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Generous Salary Packaging benefits
- A laptop and mobile phone will be provided
You will be based in our Dandenong office where you will be supporting families across Vic.
Most work is during business hours, although this Position requires availability to answer phone calls and attend to emergencies after hours and on weekends.